The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
At Ebenezer Academy we offer our students small class size settings in order to support academic success. Our students' are very successful in their performance on standardized test and college entrance exams. Our curriculum emphasizes that the Common Core standards for college readiness.
The Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) curriculum materials are intentionally implemented in a unique individualized manner. After students have been diagnosed and placed in the curriculum at their performance levels, they are assigned study carrels located around the perimeter of a classroom called a Learning Center. These study carrels form an integral part of the A.C.E. experience and are referred to as student "offices".
Teachers supervise the Learning Center and move from student to student providing tutoring as required. Learning takes place when students receive and assimilate new information. The A.C.E. materials are designed to present new information using the printed page, audio-video equipment, and computers. Learning Center teachers most effectively apply their professional skills when they recognize students as a sacred trust and faithfully train them to take responsibility for their own learning.
A.C.E.'s combination of quality academic tools and the love and prayer of Godly teachers has consistently yielded the peaceable fruits of righteousness and excellent academic achievement in the lives of students around the globe.
Pastor Emy Etienne and his wife had a dream to educate his congregation’s children, grandchildren and generations to come. Pastor and Mrs. Etienne were inspired to start a Christian School in America not only for the Haitian Community but for all those families that wanted to have their children in a Christian, family oriented school. They have seen the need to help the children; he knew that most families did not have the opportunity to educate their children in a private school. In 1992 their golden dream became a reality. Ebenezer Christian Academy was finally born, in the spring of 1992 with (9) students and few others from the congregation including Pastor Emy’s own children. Since that first step of faith, God has grown ECA by bringing committed Christian families together in the biblical mandate of training our children in the knowledge of God.
OUR MISSION, VISION, AND CORE VALUES
The mission of Ebenezer Christian Academy is to provide excellence in academics, fine arts, and athletics while instilling biblical principles in the hearts and minds of its students so that they are prepared to serve Christ with their lives.
Ebenezer Christian Academy will stand as a lighthouse for students seeking a Christ-centered place of educational excellence in a loving and caring environment. This will enable students to mature into adult life equipped with the character and skills to be used successfully for God’s service.
• Children, along with all humanity, bear the image of their Creator and possess intrinsic value and abilities unique to their creation.
• Mankind’s relationship to his Creator precedes success or failure in life.
• The most reliable and trusted revelation of the one true God is found in the Holy Scriptures recognized by both Jewish and Christian followers.
• The role of education rests primarily on the parent and has been mandated, as such, by Creator-God (Deuteronomy 6: 4-9).
• The most reliable education is one that emphasizes a biblical worldview in all subject areas and activities.
OUR PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
True knowledge that is lasting and valuable begins with a right relationship with the living God as stated in Proverbs 1:7, “ The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”As a Christian school, we are committed to the following: As a private school, Ebenezer Christian Academy is based and operated upon the following statements of principle:
1. The acknowledgment of God as Creator, the Source of all truth, and the Sustainer of all things.
2. True education has Jesus Christ as the center and depends on the Holy Spirit to illuminate and guide.
3. The Bible is God’s written word and revelation to mankind.
4. Education is a Biblically integrated process of developing students spiritually, academically, physically, socially, and emotionally.
5. Utilizing a traditional approach to education, students gain knowledge and understanding through revelation, reason, experience, and investigation.
6. Through the cooperative interaction of the home, the church and the academy students cultivate self-discipline enabling them to live as responsible citizens and effective Christians.
7. The role of the Christian faculty is to stimulate learning that will equip students with the tools necessary to internalize learning and to encourage students to fulfill their divine destiny. One of the basic reasons why parents enrolled their kids in private schools, especially Christian or religious schools, is because they want a good and founded education for their kids.
Based on these principles, ECA recognizes that God has ordained that the parent be the primary educator of the child, therefore the school will act in partnership with the parent in the educational process. The foundation for a successful education, fine arts, character-building athletics, etc. begins with an accurate understanding of God as initially instilled by the parent and reinforced by the local church. While some parents have chosen to take on this responsibility personally through homeschooling, others recognize a need for greater assistance in the task of educating their son or daughter, especially in a highly competitive academic market. Ebenezer Christian Academy seeks to fulfill that need by providing excellence in academics, fine arts, and athletics while instilling a biblical worldview.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
As Board and Staff members of ECA, we believe…
• The Bible is the inspired, authoritative Word of God, and every word is true (II Timothy 3:16).
• There is one God, Creator of all things, evident in the Father and Son, who is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent (Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1:1; I John 5:7).
• The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ is affirmed through His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal, imminent return in power and glory (John 10:30; Matthew 1:18; Hebrews 4:15; John 10:32; Romans 3:25; Matthew 28:6; Romans 8:34; Luke 21:27).
• We believe the Holy Spirit empowers us to live a godly life (Galatians 5:16).
• We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith alone (Ephesians 2:8).